From:
"Curtis L. Spacek" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 21:42:48 -0500
Hello to all,It was a great deal of fun reading all the responses to
my original question about bees eating their brood.BTW the heads were
gone and all soft organs removed.All that remained was an empty shell.
  Well let me throw another bug in the honey pot.What effect does
banging pots and pans together have on swarming bees to cause them to
light on a nearby tree?I have seen this only once and was told the bees
think it is thunder so they light to gain protection from the rain.I
later read this evolved in England.It seems beekeeper was required to
notify everyone that he was persuing a given swarm to maintian
possession.Thus the banging of pots was used as a method to notify all
this swarm was spoken for.Shake the hive and see what pops out!!
   All comments welcome and incouraged,reply to the list or me
personally at [log in to unmask] for the help and btw the hive is
in graet shape.Instead of getting 4 frames if brood with bees and a
queen when I opened the hive for inspection I discovered the beekeeper
filled the hive completelywith brood,comb, and honey.hive weighs abuot
75lbs.Good luck to all.LOoking forward to the many responses.funny only
really old drones believe this.