From:
Peter Dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:32:43 +0000
I am cleaning the propolis off may be 400+ supers at the moment and apart from the inevitable dry skin around eye lids/ lips
and fingers - have also noticed a type of  "ear - throat " infection.
Went to the Doc's yesterday - (( who had to put me onto his computer filing system  (indicating the last time I paid him a
visit - he also suggested that I got a refund from social security payments!))
He found no infection as such in throat, nose or ear but a lot of irritation in the Eustachian tube connecting throat and
middle ear.
Got to thinking - is it possible that breathing in dust particles from scrapped propolis is causing fore mentioned?
Again, relating to bee housing in winter - the frames etc. themselves are also a prime source of fungal growth.
Have any other beekeepers suffered in such a manner

Peter