From:
"Peter L. Borst" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2007 22:49:43 -0500
Jow Waggle wrote:
> Where is this factual information showing CCD occurring in so called Organic Beekeeping operations?  Or break down of percentages of cases diagnosed by expert analysis?

Is this what you require? I don't think anyone can give an "expert
analysis" on CCD since nobody knows what it is. But look: the whole
thing was blown up by the press to begin with. The news reports were
saying that no one from the 1000 members of the "organic beekeeping"
yahoo group "was reporting CCD". Like that proves ... what? That they
don't have it? Or, that they don't report it. Or, that they don't know
what it is. Right, it doesn't prove a single thing. We don't know who
is in this group, if they even have bees at all. And since nobody can
agree as to what an organic beekeeper is, or should be, the whole
thing is meaningless. Someone actually came up to me and said organic
beekeepers haven't lost any bees. Who in the world owns bees and
hasn't lost a colony? Good grief.

But low and behold, some of the organic beekeepers have come forward.