From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:50:49 -0300
Bob wrote:

> Now due to the high world prices for sugar many commercial beeks have
> returned to feeding HFCS for all but winter feed.

I am finding much less difference this year between liquid sugar and HFCS,
so I am going to feed sugar.

Picked up at the railhead in Moncton New Brunswick :  HFCS 55 (77 percent)
is $678 CDN per tonne.
Picked up at the Lantic sugar refinery in Montreal:  67 percent sucrose
syrup is $948 CDN if you can deal direct or $1008 through a broker.  That is
on a DRY basis.  So,  using the round figure of $1000 dry, 77 percent would
be $770 per tonne.  So sucrose is about a hundred dollars a tonne more, or
about 15 percent more expensive.  I also have more freight on a tanker from
Montreal than Moncton, but I am willing to pay that.

Other years liquid sugar was almost 50 percent more than HFCS, and I was not
willing to pay that.

Both sugar and corn sugar are being used for lunatic gasohol production.
Why the US (and other countries too) isn't putting the economy right by
putting funding and creating jobs in REAL renewable energy (wind and solar,
also current, wave, tidal, geothermal) is beyond me.
Stan