From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 09:43:05 -0500
One other way that you get transfer is the simplest- a dying hive, dead
bees, lots of varroa now without a host and looking for somewhere to go.

This seems wrong to me?  Wouldn't the Mites normally already be attached to
a bee?  One that flew off and died outside the hive??  and I would have
guessed that the dead and dying brood would not be hatching off new mites??

Jerry,  very good and interesting observation.  If I read that correctly
your saying the cooler brrodnest slows the growth of the bee larva,  which
increases the survivor rate of the mite.

Off topic but is the intermediate class going to be open soon??

Charles