From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 12:46:24 -0600
>    I'd guess that initially, soneone's wrist, as well as being
>    available to be stung, might have had a watch band, adding a bit
>    of "animal" odor and crossing the threshold of inciting a bee to
>    sting.

 <etc.>

the colour contast between the band and the wrist also attracts the bees.

They seem particularly  attracted to sting in areas where there are strong
visual contrasts, movement, and/or moisture.

i assume that a high contrast area appears analagous to movement in
the bees way of seeing things.

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                         VE6CFK
RR#1, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
Internet:[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
Honey. Bees, & Art <http://www.internode.net/~allend/>