From:
Larry Farris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 1995 13:52:51 U
                       Subject:                               Time:1:31
PM
  OFFICE MEMO          Request for Information
Date:4/10/95

I have two questions involving two rather small insects that I would
like to request some information on from either an entomologist and/or
beekeepers:
   1)  First, I would like to know where I can obtain a copy of one of
those blownup black & white (microscope) photos of the mite that lives
in the eye lash roots of humans.  Also does anyone know the name of this
mite?

   2)  Secondly, I live in north Texas and while collecting pollen from
one of my beehives, I noticed a very small brown insect.  It was visible
to the unaided eye and it was NOT a varroa mite (I did not have a
microscope, but it appeared to have a somewhat more elongated body
however about the same colour brown as the varroa).  It was smaller than
a varroa mite and I found them (not many) actually in the pollen
collection drawer.   What are these insects and do they harm the
beehive?

My Internet Address is:    [log in to unmask]

I would appreciated any help that I could receive.  - Larry