From:
Richard Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2011 11:07:26 -0500
I sat in on the Emerald Ash Borer Board here in Hamilton County and the decisions was made at both the county and city level to not treat and remove ash trees.  At the City level we went as far as to recycle all ash by milling the trees into lumber for use in LEED projects and the local school system.  You may want to suggest this as well as a far less costly alternative than continuous treatment of ash trees (especially in the these fiscally tight times).

We EAB heavily here.  It is estimated that we will loose 10 to 12% of our total tree population in the county.  It is impossible to fight in a sustainable fashion.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855