From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2007 13:40:37 -0400
http://www.record-eagle.com/2007/may/13bees.htm

TRAVERSE CITY — Bill Hathaway pulled a wooden frame from one of a dozen beehives in a cherry
orchard north of Suttons Bay. There weren't as many honeybees clinging to the frame as he expected,
and the hive's lack of eggs was troubling.

"This colony could be going into collapse,” Hathaway said. (end of article quote)

Its taken over a decade to educate beekeepers about varrora mite and even longer on AFB and we
still have over use of antibitiotics and miticides and annual losses due to a lack of knowledge.

Now we will have more confusion in the beekeeper world as they deduce their own causes of a
supposed malady they heard about in the 10 oclock news (see previous post on this topic). The
misinformation on this malady could live on for another decade as the ignorance persists.