From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 1996 12:31:27 -0500
Kevin & Ann Christensen wrote:

> I used to suffer from hay fever all season long.  For the last 2 1/2 years
> I've made sure to eat some honey every day.  For the last two seasons, my
> allergy symptoms have been nonexistant until about the last week in August
> when I've had about 4 bad days.
>
> I think it must be the goldenrod and it only makes sense because I haven't
> been eating goldenrod honey.  We only fill small containers for private and

Kevin -

While I don't doubt the resistance of allergies to pollens from consuming local honey,
everything that I've read would say that goldenrod is not an allergy producing plant as
far as pollen is concerned. I stand to be corrected but the size and consistency of
goldenrod pollen is of such that it will not become air born. Perhaps others have more
info on this.

-Barry

--
Barry Birkey