From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2013 19:01:44 -0400
Not sure why color blindness would differ - although I know that color
blindness can offer career benefits or drawbacks.  My father and his  brother
were color blind.  Neither could see cherries on trees, had the  usual
problems with stop lights.  However, in WWII military wanted them for  analyzing
photos  - seems that
camouflage on/over things like tanks doesn't work.  Their step-brother  was
severely color-blind.  He dropped out of medical school when he  realized
he couldn't tell blood from other fluids.  Ended up in  electronics, but had
to memorize the pattern sequence for color-coded bands on  resistors -
always had an assistant.

I don't know about beekeepers, but in terms of my own personal life and
research scientists, I'm surrounded by a high proportion of left-handed
individuals - my wife, my brother-in law, two of my three research partners.
many of the students who work with us.  There are days when the number of
lefties outnumbers those of us right-handed folks.   Jerry