From:
michael Bassett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 13:19:57 -0400
On Fri, 11 Aug 2000 08:25:18 EDT, Richard Spiekhout <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

  No dead or dying bees,  no noticable
>decline in numbers of flying bees.

I have had bees in areas sprayed with similar pestisides with uv inhibiter.
I have had no significant bees killed by the sprays.  the sprays were
applied to corn in the area I pollinate. as close as 100 ft away.
  but what I am monitoring now is out of 17 hives, over the winter 9 of the
hives went queenless. Since these were not my queens but queens I purchased
I can't be sure if the queens just failed, in four of the hives they hatched
out new queens that had wonderful brood patterns that were all droans.
  My suspicion is that they bring in the pollen with the pesticide with the
uv inhibiters and over time over the fall and winter this may contribute to
the queens demise.  I requeend most of the hives this year with my own and
will requeen the remaining few later in the fall and see if history repeats.
 if anyone else has had or notices symptoms similar could you please let
me know                         thanks mike