From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 2010 21:28:44 -0800
>So lets stop trashing those poor hard working commercial migratory
beekeepers

Thanks for that, Bob!  I'm fresh back from a very long day of loading and
delivering, working trucks out of sticky mud twice (new orchard for
me--signed contract in the orchard this morning), and loading again.

But at least I have live colonies to deliver, which unfortunately, is more
than some can say.
Due (likely) to to poor weather conditions last summer, many colonies
entered the winter in poor shape, and succumbed recently--leaving a number
of hardworking beekeepers in serious hurt.  Some have lost half or more of
their colonies.

There is currently a shortage of bees for almonds, despite what many thought
was a glut a few weeks ago.

Less than two weeks to go until bloom, and hives are currently being placed.

Randy Oliver