From:
"David L. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 10:02:28 EST
In a message dated 11/13/01 8:27:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Howard wonders about bright-orange pollen collection in Eastern NYS, afte=
> r several hard frosts.
>
> I live near Howard, near Albany, New York.  My bees are also collecting b=
> right-orange pollen and I believe it is from Aster, which is still bloomi=
> ng, as it withstands temperatures down to about 20 degrees F, or -7 C. =20

   Henbit pollen is more orange than aster. Here in SC it can bloom all
during a mild winter. In the North, a bit of warm weather will make some
bloom open in the fall, and it is one of the earliest blooms of spring.  See
the site below for pics.

Dave Green
February flowers in SC:
http://pollinator.com/gallery/February/february_flowers.htm