From:
Blane White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 08:10:54 -0500
Hi Everyone,
I recently got a request for some information on mite treatments
alternatives from an organic certification organization.  I asked if
they certify honey and was told yes so I asked how.  They will certify
honey as "organic" based on laboratory testing shows no pesticide
residues in the honey.  So they will certify honey produced here in
the US as organic based on lab test results not the absence of
pesticide use in the foraging range of the bees.
FWIW

blane

Blane White
MN Dept of Agriculture