Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 19:19:51 +0000

https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/details.cgi?aid=4546

-- the problem with that link is that the graphic  is completely unbelievable.  Just start with the opening image,  it shows a slightly warming spot out in the middle of the Atlantic in 1886.  I call complete hogwash on having that good of data!   The vast majority of the data points have to be extrapolated or calculated. Your telling me  in 1886 someone with a calibrated thermometer was cruising the Atlantic monitoring temps with 1 degree c?? because that is the graphic presented.

Unfortunately the story may be right,  but when many of the data points are unverifiable to say it politely,  most thinking brains go huh?? and everything else is now in doubt.
Data.GISS: GISTEMP HISTORY

|   |
Data.GISS: GISTEMP HISTORY
   |  |

simple reading shows that most of the data cited is fabricated/ extrapolated in some form or another.  Surface air temps from buoys was not even implemented until 1995,  add to that they admit that the southern hemisphere prior to 1981 was pretty much non existent..

Again,  not saying they are wrong, I dont have enough data myself to show that,  but sure seems to be a lot of estimating and dubious calculations in many of these "data sets"

Charles