From:
Dick Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:04:29 -0600
My local association, "Memphis Area Beekeepers Association" has at least
one, maybe more, "expert(s)" available to inspect hives on request by
the beekeeper.  There is some money paid him from the state (TN).

My apiary (back yard!) is also registered with the state, as required.
There is a form available but I just called and registered over the
phone.  I believe a lot of beekeepers are not registered and many may
not know of the requirement.  The States funding in this area seems to
have gone from minimal to even less.

See:  http://www.state.tn.us/agriculture/regulate/apiary/

Dick Shaw
Memphis, TN
Down to one hive and looking to increase (again) this spring.