Date:
Mon, 7 May 2007 17:36:00 GMT
>>The entrance into the U.S. of cerana would not upset
*knowledgeable* beekeepers (myself) as a cerana import has been
discussed before and by me on this list.

I saw some nice photos of cerana in the last ABJ.  They also showed
that the Indians keep them in rather small hives (looked like our
nucs in triples).  Does cerana produce a large surplus of honey and
do they overwinter in cold climates well?

The Indians also keep Italian bees.  Made me wonder if the Italian
bees produce a larger surplus there.

Waldemar