From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2012 23:39:50 -0400
On 5/12/2012 8:25 AM, Peter L Borst wrote:
>  after all, it only takes a moment to find
> http://www.epa.gov/compliance/complaints/index.html

I'm not sure how this is suppose to help the beekeeper when they find a
big pile of dead bees in front of their hive.  How would the beekeeper
know who the pesticide applicator was, or where they were located?  It
might be the field closest to your bees, it might not be.  The pesticide
applicator may not be the owner of the field or even the person who
farms the field.    This is the problem we are having here... no clear
applicator, no notification (as required in my state) and many of the
ways to report the incident that we've been reported to require
information the beekeeper doesn't have.  I now count 5 different ways to
report it to the EPA now, including this one.  All requiring different
information, and most suggest the person to report to different agencies
(which is often incorrect information).   Even the form mentioned above
has a 'What not to Report' section which does list farming and advises
you contact your local Agricultural Extention office.   So is the above
report the correct one?   Talk about confusing.

-Tim