From:
Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2013 17:55:36 +1000
> Some of these beekeepers with infrequent cases are in areas where other
beekeepers have a serious AFB problem, so we have to ask why they are not
> picking up the problem from the neighbours to a greater extent.

> Seems the biggest source of AFB is not the neighbour, but unrecognised and
uncontrolled AFB being distributed through one's own equipment.

On the east coast of Australia the biggest problem are the "grubs" who do
not look after their hives and give AFB to neighbouring beekeepers.  So our
biggest problem is the dirty neighbour.  As an example, one took all his
"clean" hives away and left the infected ones on site for several months.
Of course they died out and infected anyone who was nearby.

Trevor Weatherhead
Australia

database 8813 (20130917) __________

http://www.eset.com