From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2012 09:53:49 -0400
Joe Waggle writes:

> But I believe they will fail in a commercial operation due to the abnormal mite pressure that exists.

You answered your own question. The same goes for folks keeping bees in the vicinity of such operations, like myself. But the problem is not the bee stock, directly. There is a multitude of factors that defy attempts to oversimplify, as in "why don't you keep mite resistant bees?" or "why don't you just stop treating altogether?" For my part, I have several colonies into their fourth season without chemical treatment.

PLB