From:
Robin Dartington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 20:41:10 +0100
James wrote: 'What possible damage have you suffered as a result Mr. Lu's actions?
What connection would he have to the State of IL that would make him subject
to IL jurisdiction?'

Surely Lu is only a technical expert giving advice.  He is not a decision maker.

Have you looked at the Terms of Reference or Constitution that defines the authority of the hearings?   Thee ought to be something somewhere saying that the decision makers must make 'informed' decisions.  There ought to be a provision somewhere that  the decision makers have checked the credentials of advisers on whose advice/information they base decisions.

If finally the hearings result in uninformed (wrong) decisions, then go for the decision makers, in the public interest (residents near sprayed fields,  soil contamination from older sprays, water purity,beekeepers, everyone who eats foods dependent on poliination , .....) on grounds of negligence in accepting rubbish advice.

In UK, there are provisions at local government level for Public Participation , i.e. a right for the public to address Councils and Council  Committees .  I know we are not talking of local government, but check every possibility of making representations that Lu's advice is unsubstantiated by field teats and should be ignored.

Good luck.

We alwys fail here when confronting local government officers .... but chip, chip .chip and their confidence is undermined.  Especially if we make complaints about them that have to be added to their record.

Robin