From:
tomas mozer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 09:07:39 -0400
------Original Message------
From: "Mark Hale" <[log in to unmask]>
To: tomas mozer <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: May 1, 2000 10:04:15 AM GMT
Subject: Thanks for the reply
Hi Tomas
It is great to see when articles I have writen are read and I get some form
of responce. Just out of intrest sake Jerry Bromenshenk contacted me
personaly and we intend to take my "TNT' bees futher in relation to mine
detecting. I also had a responce for the Bee Scorpion from New Zeland by
some one who is intrested in using it for bio-control of Veroa, as this
person has had success in bio-control in similar insectes. I am no
scientist, but belive that I am an exelent bee farmer and will help any one
who is prepared to develop or improve the bee farming industry.
I farm with Scutellata bees "killer bees', the Capensis bee is from the very
southen tip of Africa and a great problem to our bees, I definatly would not
sugest trying to use this bee for bio-control of the AHB as it will cause
the same problem with your type of bees. If someone tries to get them into
the US fight it with all you can.
Due to tecnology the world has become a very small place, and it is simple
and fast for use bee farmers to share and exchange knolage, and not keep it
to ourselves. There is more than enough busness out there for all of us.
I hate the terms bee keepers, hobiest of profecinal. I farm with my bees as
they bring me a good income and this should apply to all of us. Wether we
have one hive or ten thousand hives we should be profecinal in what we do.
All that will change is the amount of time we spend with our bees.
<snip>
greetings, mark...it's too bad when responses go off-list with information
that could be useful to all...would you mind if this was posted with my
reply? hope to see you at apimondia, maybee!
<snip>
Hi Tomas
You may submit my letter with pleasure. I some times feel my letters
(e-mails) are not of general intrest, so do not submit them to BEE-L. Maybe
I am wrong, I supose what is the correct thing to do is let the moderaters
decide. All infomation should be shared as this will develope a better and
stronger industry.
I hope to meet you and as many fellow bee farmers in SA for Apimondia 2001.
I can promise that all will receive personalised servise and are welcome to
stay on after the expo with SA bee farmers. SA is a wonderful country and
the wild life is incredible.
<snip>
__________________________reply__________________________________
am not suggesting any importation of cape bees to the americas, merely
implying that they may already have arrived by unknown accidental/incidental
means (much as small hive beetle did from the same part of the world) and/or
thelytoky could have been naturally selected for since the earliest apis
introductions...
indeed it's not only information technology that has made the
"global village" real, just reading the past month's postings on the bee-net
is illustrative of the "new world disorder", but since live with it we must
(don't believe in eradication), we
should be open to the possibilities still available to us via
biodiversity...the demonstrable presence of thelytoky in non-cape
honey bees and the potential it may have in mitigating some of the problems
in apiculture worldwide should not go unexplored...