From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2010 23:50:00 -0500
Randy writes:

> I've also posted again and again that Bayer's coumaphos was and is a huge mistake in beekeeping!

And I wrote about this back in April of 2010:

Beekeepers using Coumaphos (Checkmite) averted losses of nearly 200 million dollars to the bee industry every year, until 2008. The total amount of loss that was avoided by the honey industry, from 1999 to 2007, attributed to the use of Coumaphos is set at 1.5 billion dollars. In 2008, the product was reclassified as PT. This indicates Permanent Threshold, which means that the difference between what was made and what might have been lost is moot, because the product's use is firmly in place.

PLB