Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2010 13:10:43 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
Good points.
Will make sure that I always try to read ALL posts before entering an inquiry, even if that means having to wait until I get home.
And will also try to make sure everything is in quotes.
I have actually highlighted it blue, but don't think that distinction came through for some reason....will have to backtrack through the posts and check.

Just so you know, I DID think about waiting until I got back to my main computer and had time to get through all the related posts, but there were so many, and I've been overwhelmed, and I was frankly concerned that this article either be validated or repudiated in real time before the rumor mill started spreading in my own small beek community, so I just quickly sent an 'is this true' query.

Obviously a mistake which I will not repeat. :)

Thanks for the good suggestions.
:)A

On Oct 11, 2010, at 10:01 AM, allen wrote:
> 
> On another point, BEE-L members assume that people read the list up to present before posting, but I also know that many reply as they read through the list and hit 'send', without looking at the latest messages.  I know that because we get redundant replies to questions which have already been answered.  We also get posts asking questions which have just been asked and answered completely, such as yours.  Occasionally, in extreme cases, the moderators just dump such messages (and maybe you wish they had dumped yours instead of OKing it) but yours seemed fair enough, if read carefully and understood.
> 
> Back to misunderstandings: Your recent experience sheds some light on the problem.  Portable devices and cell phones used for email present new difficulties due to their limited screen real estate, editing and formatting options, and email capabilities generally.
> 
> 

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

Guidelines for posting to BEE-L can be found at:
http://honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm

ATOM RSS1 RSS2