From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:54:20 -0700
Aaron Morris wrote:

> John Edwards wrote:
> > ... several swarms from Flagstaff suburbs have shown up positive for
> AHB...
> Not being familiar with the area I have to ask what the general climate is
> like.  You mention a record -47dF, but that represents an extreme which may
> only last for a day and then get back to normal range that could "average"
> in the mid-30s.  What is the typical range in the Flagstaff region?

Well, since you asked - here is a link to NOAA Climatologies pages. Other states
can be accessed from this site, also, at least by just changing the state name
in the address. From this one for Arizona, click on Flagstaff for a look at the
graphs. BTW, Flag. is at the base of a 12,000 foot extinct volcano, and is
mostly open ponderosa pine forest w/some oaks. It stays pretty cool there in the
winter. People usually are surprised at the range of temps within Arizona. After
looking at the page, I would be interested to learn which areas around the
states and world are similar.
   http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/~cas/Climo/polys/arizona.html
John F. Edwards
"Feral Bee Tracker and AHB Identifier"