From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 08:23:09 -0500
This message was originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to the BEE-L
list at LISTSERV.ALBANY.EDU. It was edited to remove quotes of previously
posted material.
----------------- Original message (ID=ED5ED2E0) (60 lines)
-------------------

From: "Jim Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology"
Subject: Re:      Re: [BEE-L] Almond Bloom in California
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 21:07:49 -0800

Guys,  Pink Bud is the term and I wouldn't be too confident that the
almond
growers that don't spray actually don't--there are common organic oils,
lime
sulfur and other compounds usually applied about this time.  Of course,
these sprays should have minimal (if any) effects on bees--especially if
timing is adjusted to early am or later pm.  Just thought I would chip
in my
two cents, no offense meant, just information.  Bloom seems early this
year
for sure!
Jim Smith
Tulelake, CA
Border of CA and OR
Former Consultant in Sacramento Valley dealing with Almonds