From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2007 08:04:56 -0500
Peter L. Borst wrote:
> Sustainability is not some far-out pipe-dream of the idle, but is
> widely accepted as a realistic goal toward which to work.
I doubt if you will find anyone against husbandry, which is what most of
us understand sustainability to be.

The problem with "sustainability" is who defines what it is you are
trying to achieve, and who determines how you get there.

This whole thread came about because of extreme ideas of what
sustainability is, rather than the rational (and usually warm and fuzzy)
ones that also say what it is. So we have a term that means what we want
it to mean. That is dangerous.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine