Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 18:17:58 PDT
Hello Gang,

Ross Round,(tm) comb supers and liquid honey supers went on the
production hives on May 30th. These are 2 queen colonies, one high,
one low. The hive scale gained six pounds in a week and there it
stood for the next twenty days. I should add that there was a loss
of four pounds right after the rainy weeks in June started.
They regained the loss and are now up 8 lbs. from the May 30 start.

I have cut the grass in the apiary three times from May 30th.
Mushrooms are still growing on the grass in a shady spot.
Yes, we did have a wet cool, miserable May and got two, count em now,
two sunny days in a 15 day period. I was thinking that summer
happened on Saturday a couple of weeks ago! But we are getting some
sun now after the mandatory mist and overcast.

The bees missed willow, maple, and most of the dandelion blooms.
It was a tough May, and the first half of June was not much better.
I am very glad that the scale hive is showing gain once more.

How is everyone else doing in the North East?
I am very greatful that it was mist and cool that we had to put up with
and not wild fires, and flooding like some of you folks had.

Ernie Gregoire "Beekeeper," definition= partially brave,

                            partially excentric

Grist Mill Apiary

Canaan, New Hampshire, USA

06/19/99 18:17:58