From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:34:23 EST
So, in attempting to distill what may pass for facts from the  rhetoric:
a) given the choice, bees may tend to prefer to rear their young in sightly
smaller cells than those in which they are usually encouraged to do so by the
beekeeper, but can be very flexible.
b) given the choice, varroa mites may tend to prefer to rear their young in
slightly larger cells, ideally drone cells, but can be very flexible.
c) varroa mites can lay just as many fertile eggs in small cells as in  large
ones.
d) a smaller proportion of the mites emerging from small cells go on to
breed than do those from large cells.

Have I got it right?  Have I missed anyhting?

Chris