From:
Eunice Wonnacott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:24:49 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 6:54 PM
Subject: Re: PATIENT-Collected bees for apitherapy

> You kept bees for 20 years, but now are allergic stings, you say.

Thanks for the reply.  Actually, I reacted badly to stings from the outset,
and received good support from my physician then, only to find within two or
three years that the medication was also causing a reaction.  I had managed
to dress VERY CAREFULLY and avoid stings for a long time.  Also I carry an
epipen, but have never had to use it.  Three years ago, when the multiple
hives appeared, I decided to just give my equipment to a very young,
interested, person, who  would otherwise have been unable to get started.
My beekeeping friends can easily supply my personal honey requirements.  I
get my "honey " pleasure from the wonderful fellowship among beekeepers, and
a close association with the membership of our beekeepers co-operaqtive.

Your advice regarding desensitization  and multi stinging  seems to follow
the techniques developed by Mr. Mraz some years ago?  His on stage
demonstration was very impressive!

Thanks again

EDW