From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2018 10:24:25 -0700

> >Randy, any update on using the OA / glycerin recipe?

My latest progress report was just published in ABJ.  I'm behind on
uploading my articles to my website, but hope to soon catch up.
It is still illegal to apply OA in this manner in the U.S., but I will
provide it here for those in countries in which it is legal to apply OA in
this manner.  The formula that I plan to test next season is:

*Formula for the 1:1:0.5 extended-release OA ratio that I plan to test next
season.  *

504 g OA dihydrate crystals into saucepan.

Add 252 mL hot water; stir over heat until the OA is fully dissolved.
Remove immediately from heat.

Add 504 mL glycerin warmed in the microwave (typically for 1 minute).

Pour the hot solution *slowly* over one *upright* half roll of Scott Shop
towels (cut crosswise).  May help to preheat the half roll of towels for 30
seconds in a microwave (not longer, due to fire danger).  (The absorption
of solution by the cardboard roll is accounted for).

Makes 55 half towels—enough to treat 27 hives.

Apply 2 half towels per hive, crosswise between the brood chambers—applies
18 g OA per hive.  Apply at placement of honey supers.  Do not expect to
see appreciable mite reduction until 6-7 weeks.
*This application method is not yet approved for use in the United States—I
in no way promote any off-label application of any pesticide.*

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA