Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:48:03 -0500
> >Protein should not exceed about 30% as the higher you go the closer you
>
> > get to protein toxicity which is observed at 50%.
> >

> Bill, I believe that refers to a total diet, not necessarily to a
> free-choice patty.

If the supplement is the only thing they have to eat for a protein source,
23% was optimum. The caution in the Hive and the Honey bee was with
supplements and not to go overboard as they can be counterproductive with
too much of a good thing - if that is all they have.

But supplement is supposed to be just that, a supplement used over a short
period with pollen either coming in or soon to come in.

Allen noted that most supplements are 'diluted" and even soy is between
45-60% but you do not feed it alone.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine