From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 11:50:54 -0500
Well I took a quick look.  Having never tried the product I have no opinion.
Based on their web page I have a few observations.

> It is sold in 50 pound bags, and priced a quite a bit lower
> than Mann Lake, or other supplements on the market.
Well, it's a third sugar!  "NO sugars or corn syrup need to be added, as Bee
Pol already contains sugar."  I imaging a good deal of the price
differential can be attributed to this.  I wonder how far a 50lb bag of Bee
Pol goes compared to a 50lb bag of Bee Pro.  And I wonder how the dollars
compare once the Bee Pro is mixed (I add sugar when I make up my patties and
lots more pollen than Allen uses in his recipe).  Is the sugar in Bee Pol
more expensive than sugar off the shelf?

There's also no price list.  I keep wondering about the bottom line.

Before everyone (or anyone) jumps on me, I have no opinion of this product.
No experience, no opinion.  Adding up the percentages of the product list
comes to approximately 75%.  I wonder what the other 25% is.  And what is
"Salmonella" under "Physical Properties".  Is that something I want to be
feeding my bees?

I would be interested in seeing Dr. Ray Nabors' data sheets.  And I guess I
should be asking these questions of  International Ingredients Company, but
I'm being lazy.

Happy New Year to all my internet beekeeping buddies!
Aaron