From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 08:46:29 -0400
> First, I have three unanswered emails to the Pest Management
Regulatory Agency.
> I also have three answered phone calls, despite the fact that the
message says
> "normally we will get back to you within 24 hours"

Don't expect PMRA to be anything like "responsive".

I waited 5 years for PMRA to do what every other country on the planet
has
done in about a week - classify Bee-Quick as a non-pesticide product.
Yep, 5 years.

Long story short, they could not wrap their collective heads around
the concept that bees are not "pests" to a beekeeper, moreso when
they are managed bees in a hive, producing honey.

After 5 years of exchanging letters, PMRA was forced to admit that
there simply were no regulations that they could force-fit onto
the product, that bees were not "pests" to a beekeeper, and that
herding bees out of honey supers at harvest was not "pest control".

If I were you, I'd go to one of the elected ministers with oversight
authority over Health Canada, which includes PMRA.