Date:
Tue, 22 May 2012 09:18:55 -0400
>http://news.ifas.ufl.edu/2012/05/16/ufifas-research-looks-at-impact-on-honey
>bees-from-chemicals-and-mites-2/

Long links often break when emailed to BEE-L.  Posting the same URL from th "Post" page at http://www.bee-l.org for some reason does not break them.

Here is the unbroken URL.
http://news.ifas.ufl.edu/2012/05/16/ufifas-research-looks-at-impact-on-honeybees-from-chemicals-and-mites-2/

“In most studies, investigators treat a field with a product, put bee colonies adjacent to the field and then sample whole colony strength after pesticide exposure. At the end of the day, all you are able to say is ‘this colony is responding in this way to the field treatment.’ You don’t know why it’s responding in that way. When we begin to label bees, it will permit us to investigate an area that has yet to be studied. We’ll be able to follow individual bees throughout their entire lives, thus allowing us to determine long-term impacts of pesticides on bees.”

This states the problem with much previous work very nicely.  I'm glad to see that they are digging deeper.

I wonder if this same in-depth approach has been taken in regard to human response to the same chemicals???