From:
mark berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 08:13:14 -0800
I'm curious too. How can anyone diagnose CCD for themselves and especially as an Apiary Inspector, like Peter? Knowing the NYS Apiary Inspection Service I would think that the powers that be (or the new State Apiarist when installed) would not want the Apiary Inspectors to say one way or the other as to whether someones colonies died from CCD. Not without lab confirmation anyway.

  It has been the NYS Ag&Mkts policy, in the past, to not make recommendations as to how to treat and what to treat with and especially how to manage ones bees. That's Cornell's job, Nic Calderones job. Ag & Mkts is regulatory and Cornell is Extension. I'm sure that there are plenty of folks who wish it were different, as I do, and maybe a State Apiarist will change that policy. But I don't see how he or she could because of liability.

  But as a beekeeper, "I wonder if you could give some pointers on what to tell beekeepers who believe they have experienced the Colony Collapse."?

Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Jerry

I wonder if you could give some pointers on what to tell beekeepers who
believe they have experienced the Colony Collapse.

* Full guidelines for BEE-L posting are at:                                       *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm                               *