From:
Richard Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2008 18:00:19 -0400
Maryam

I am not too sure CCD is an organic or non-organic issue.  At least
nothing points to that yet.  If it were Ohio would be seeing its
share of CCD.  Right now from the sounds of it Ohio has exploded this
year (or at least a great year).  I know in my corner bees are,
literally everywhere...non-kept bees and kept bees alike.

I am just pointing this out because it seems to get overlooked a
lot.  Ohio is no different than other State.  Its super reliant on
GMO and pesticides and has crops that require pollination.

Two years ago it was one of the worst years for Ohio...all weather
and mite related be they organic or non.

I am just curious how organic is relevant to the discussion.  You can
be as organic as you want in how you treat your bees and keep them,
but with usch a large forage area you have absolutely no control over
what they bring back to the hive.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio