From:
Dennis Murrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:20:23 -0700
Hello Yoon Sik Kim and Everyone,

What a hugh colony! Did you get a chance to photograph It? I would sure
be interested in seeing it and I bet the bee mags would print it for all
to see.

I have been looking at why small cell colonies do so well and my
observations indicate that the structure and seasonal use of the comb can
effect colony health and behavior. Do you have any observations
concerning this colony? Could the size of the cells from the interior
portion of the original broodness be determined? What about the
orientation of the comb itself.

Any deformed bees or visible varroa?

What a neat opportunity! I would like to remove such a colony but haven't
been able to locate any. I think I will use some of the techniques for
becoming more visible in the community.

Best Wishes
Dennis