From:
Karla Eisen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2010 07:50:29 -0400
Kurt
I too read your post with interest as early on in the game I was diagnosed with large local reaction to honey bee and am 1 year into desentisizing protocol which has helped a lot.  Your symptoms do sound more heat related... I have also started to develop asthma like symptoms when I do too much out there on these 90 plus degree days so now I am trying to work hives before 9 or 10 am (I am just a back yard beekeeper).
There is scientific research out there that shows that  allergies to stings can actually get worse over time - contrary to the folk wisdom that says you will become more immune.  I guess both are potentially true. Just this week I got stung and had a much larger reaction than normal, AND also had a larger reaction than normal to my monthly allergy shot (it is still red today) it is hard to know what is causing that.  As long as they are manageable without any systemic symptoms I am OK.  You probably already know to think about what other medications you might be on or any other thing that could potentially be making a difference.