From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2014 20:03:40 -0400
Hi everyone

Thanks for the tips on handling the supers to height and also the
preference for a flat floor and using pumps rather than gravity for moving
the spinned honey. All ideas are welcome at the present moment of designing
a bigger and better solution. The clean working space need is not much, the
main space consumers are empty/full drum & supers.

As many of you know (but not sure if remember ;) ) I have an 80 frame
extracting line mounted in a trailer.

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public/Honey%20Trailer on that link you will
find several pictures and a layout of current situation.
With current set up we manage to work around 200 honey supers per 8 hr
shift with 4 workers.

 I want to improve that to 300 supers per shift with 3 workers using a
bigger space, a better setup and more mechanization off course, as always,
with minumun investment.

An other problem my extracting line have at the moment is a bottle neck
with the wax capping after the uncapper. I have now a tank under the
uncapper with a hot water melter, but it is not enough for the throughput
of the uncapper. We end up shovelling some cappings to drums for latter
melting, losing around 1% of honey

Which is the prefered option? Horizontal or vertical capping spinner? With
or without heating the wax+honey slury? I really do not want to heat the
honey, I want to find a solution that works at low temps (<30°C).