From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:41:40 -0800
Waldemar wrote:  "I thought about placing shrinkable plastic bands on my jars. It's not a full proof way of assuring that no one else has tampered with the jar (and then installed a new band) but it's some control."

  I have a retail establishment that insisted on the tamper-proof bands.  It was no problem to me as the bands were cheap enough and the volume at this gift store was fairly small.

  Despite the bands, they still have about one customer a year who thinks they need to open a jar and "sample" the honey.  And of course who can take a sample of honey without leaving some kind of drip/mess?

  Sometimes you have to wonder about people.

  Grant
  Jackson, MO