From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2024 18:55:13 -0500
Many of us, in fact all of us are in unique locations.  My Wife & I moved to this house in 1966.  We are at 1028 feet above sea level beside a fast flowing river which is not large but it has made the valley through which it has flowed through a 1600 ft limestone escarpment for eons which now surrounds us.
Beekeeper Friends who keep their bees at the 1600 or higher elevations must protect their bees from the severe northwest winds while I do not deep in our forested valley.  The southwest wind which brings us the ’Texas & Montana lows' bring us precipitation but not anywhere near that of Buffalo & Niagara Falls  who sit at the end of Lake Erie whose centre lies in line with those winds.
My point is that all beekeeping is local and all locations are affected differently by local climate & forecasts.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W