From:
Jane Power <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 1994 11:56:50 -0500
Rick wrote about groundcovers, and it prompted me to send out this good news.
My neighbour is a dairy farmer used to kill his field with Roundup in the
fall.  He has now decided to let his field "mix."  He mentioned to me that
he tried it one year, and after surveying the field for noxious cattle weeds,
--he hand his employees hand pull them--he concluded that his cattle were
healthier.  He said that a one crop feed field was as much fun for the
cattle in the winter as it would be for him to eat only cornflakes for
5 months.  He wins awards every year for his farm.  Needless to say, I
am delighted and no longer have to worry about my field bees getting
nuced --sorry for the pun:)--Anyway, cheers for now, Jane