From:
Scott Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 2015 08:45:10 -0500
" We have far too many lurkers who could and should contribute to the
discussions. This is supposed to be for Informed Discussions. "

OK...I will own up to residing in Lurkersville.

This list and the associated contributors has served as a valuable tool
in providing breadth and depth to my beekeeping experience.
Like many I could have been swayed by media reports about
neo-nicitinoids in HFCS or the horrors of ZomBee infestation
(http://digital.vpr.net/post/regional-report-zombees-found-burlington#stream/0).
But, the cogent discussion on this list provided  rational alternative
discussion and points of view that mitigated the emotion attached to the
headlines.
Because of this list I have been able to instruct other beekeepers
especially the very new beekeeper to be cautious about media portrayals
and instead seek out credible/factual alternative points of view.
This list reaches beyond itself offering benefits not always seen.

So, as lurking the list has helped me to grow perhaps contributing shall
as well.
I'll give it a shot from time to time.

Scott