From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2008 17:49:55 -0700
I continue to use the Dadant "jumbo" frames in about six hives.  They are about equal to a brood box and not quite a shallow.  I custom built the boxes to fit the frames.

Why do I still use them?  The frames were part of a large acquisition, and curiously, I thought I would try them.  Further, I'm too cheap to not use something that is still usable.

If I didn't have them, I likely wouldn't use them.

Grant
Jackson, MO  Where I continue to attempt to overwinter in a single deep/med and on my larger hives, double deeps.