From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:07:50 -0400
On Sat, 21 Oct 2000 , Coleene E. Davidson wrote:

>I live in central lower Michigan.  ...  The hive in my back yard is very active this
>afternoon bringing in a dark orange colored pollen.  Goldenrod is done, and it is a
>lighter color than this.  Does anyone have any idea what they are getting it from.

I would say that the pollen in question is most likely from the late asters (frost asters)
still blooming in Michigan.  New England asters are still blooming as well.  In
my garden I have straw flowers in bloom which are very attractive to bees, as are
marigolds at this time of the year.  All of these have a dark yellow pollen.

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan USA