From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 18:21:45 -0700
Hi to all on BEE-L

Dennis wrote:

 It was my understanding that Sioux honey was a major
importer of  honey. When domestic honey prices were
extremely low Sioux used the price differential between
domestic and imported honey to give a better return
to their members. This appears to be another step in that
same direction.

Reply:
Question: Now that Sioux Honey is linked up with Argentina
and honey prices are now reversed and no longer extremely
low for domestic honey how do you perceive Sioux using the
price differential this time to give a better return to
members? To pull it down to help Argentina since we are now
higher?

Also, If and should coumaphos play out for example, and
bees start to crash and the volume of domestic honey
deminish. And presumedly there is a 49% to 51 % ratio for
the cooperative to maintin, does this mean that Sioux will
be buying less Argentina honey in the future or will they
stop being a cooperative and just become and international
packer of some sizing? What are the possibilities for this?

Sincerely,

Dee A. Lusby