Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 1995 21:06:43 -0500
I just visited the Indiana state fair, including the beekeepers
exhibits, where I bought a small cake of beeswax.
There were also huge cakes on sale, beautiful yellow ones.

I use a lot of beeswax handlotion when I garden -
the wax-based is much better than those petroleum-jelly-based
hand creams, which soak into my gloves and make a mess.
But the beeswax creams cost a LOT - $7-8 /small jar or tube,
plus shipping from one of those gentrified garden companies.
Yet the ingredients seem simple and cheap - one kind contains
water, mineral oil, beeswax, borax; another lacks the borax but
contains herb oils.

SO:
Does anyone have a recipe for making handlotion like this?
Is it easy, or chancy?

Thank you,

Liz Day
Indianapolis, Indiana, central USA