From:
Dick Marron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:08:25 -0400
Dick wrote

> Denis Andersen found nutrition to create a CCD like illness 8 years ago in

> AU.

Queenbee wrote:
Incorrect.  The symptoms of what we beekeepers in Australia commonly call
"The Muck" are not like CCD at all

Dick Replies.
   Thank you for the correction.
   The symptoms are quite dissimilar. It mimics EFB. For those interested:
Denis Anderson 1997, Australia  (AU)
http://www.rirdc.gov.au/reports/HBE/04-152.pdf  I got to it by looking up
disappearing disease. I still find your "Muck" fascinating. I guess what I
remembered was that it is possibly caused by a pathogen that appeared in
times or places of poor forage and disappeared with a change in the
weather...and it wasn't transferable. This is an old citation. Has more been
learned? How do you prevent it? We may still find our problems are
drought/nutrition related.

Dick Marron
Thinking he should read more closely.